How Synchronicity Transforms Our Work, with John Ryan Haule, Ph.D.
Synchronicity is the lynchpin of Analytical Psychology. It pulls together all the individual theories and reveals them in a new light. The first place to look for the results of Jung’s integrating insight is in the way it enables us to see and understand our patients.
November 23rd, 2019
9:30 am to 1:30 pm
3 Psychology, MHC, and SW CE’s offered
John Ryan Haule has a Ph.D. in Religious Studies from Temple University (1973), is a graduate of the C. G. Jung Institute, Zurich, and practices as an analyst in the Boston area. In addition to many journal articles, he is the author of some eight volumes. Please check his website for more details: www.jrhaule.net .
CE Information: (Intermediate Level)
Sponsoring organization: C.G. Jung Institute-Boston
- Participants will discuss ways of attending to the unconscious background of the analytical conversation.
- They will describe how to identify the mythic potential in the analysand’s matter-of-fact views.
- They will discuss what Jung meant by holding the tension between meaning-giving mythic perspectives and empirical fact.
- Cambray, J., Synchronicity: Nature and Psyche in an Interconnected Universe. College Station, TX: Texas A & M Press, 2009.
- Haule, J. R., Synchronicity and Science (Vol. 2 of Jung in the 21st Century). London: Routledge, 2011. Part II “The Border Zones of Exact Science” pp. 63-200.
- Hogenson, G. B., “Synchronicity and Moments of Meeting,” Journal of Analytical Psychology, 54(2), March 2009.
CE credits awarded upon attendance in its entirety. The C.G. Jung Institute-Boston is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. The C.G. Jung Institute maintains responsibility for this program and its content. For questions and requests for information, please contact psychology CE Chair, Dr. Francine Lorimer at 617 818 5587 or firstname.lastname@example.org. For cancellation policy and registration, please visit the C.G. Jung Institute-Boston website, at cgjungboston.com. There is no known commercial support for this program
To register online, please enter the quantity you would like to purchase in the box below. Then click the “Purchase Program” button.
Register by Mail:
To print out a PDF form and pay via check, please click “Register by Mail” button.