A limited number of applicants will be considered each year to become candidates for the Analyst Training Program at the C.G. Jung Institute–Boston. Admissions requirements for the Analyst Training Program include the following:
- A Master’s degree or higher from an accredited institution in any discipline.
- Upon application, completion of at least 100 hours of analysis completed recently with a Jungian analyst who is a member of the International Association of Analytical Psychology (IAAP). A letter from the analyst(s) documenting the hours of analysis must be submitted with the application.
- Two letters of reference from individuals who are familiar with the applicant’s character and, if appropriate, suitability for training.
- An autobiographical essay. The autobiography should be an accounting of the meaningful internal and external events of one’s life. Capacity for self-reflection on the primary symbols, a significant dream or synchronicity of one’s life might be included in the autobiography. In addition, the applicant should address his or her ability to tolerate and grow from challenging internal dynamics.
The application process will place special emphasis on the life experience and personal qualities of the applicant, his or her academic and professional achievements, and the applicant’s demonstration of an aptitude for understanding basic Jungian theory.
When candidates are accepted into Stage I, they are assigned to a Training Committee, which will guide and evaluate them throughout the rest of the program. Continuation or termination of the program will be at the discretion of these Training Committees. In all cases, however, the Training Board reserves the right to terminate the training of any candidate at any stage of training.
Application Process and Deadline
- Should you wish to apply please contact our administrator Deborah Warfield to request an admissions packet.
- Applications must be received before May 1st for the fall admission and October 1st for the spring admission.
- There is a non-refundable application fee of $100.00. Once the Admissions Committee has reviewed the application materials, the applicant will be notified by mail whether or they have been granted admission interviews. There is a non-refundable interview fee of $500.00.
Please address all correspondence to:
C.G. Jung Institute–Boston
21 Hartford Street
Newton, MA 02461
Telephone: (617) 796-0108
Fax: (617) 796-0109