Information for Applicants
To determine an applicant’s suitability for the auditor program, the Admissions Committee places special emphasis on the life experience and personal qualities of the applicant, his or her academic and professional achievements, and a demonstration of an aptitude for understanding basic Jungian theory.
Admissions requirements for the Auditor Program include the following:
- At the time of application to the Institute’s auditor program, an applicant must have acquired a minimum of 100 hours of personal analysis, both recent and on-going with a Jungian analyst(s) who is a member of the International Association for Analytical Psychology (IAAP).
- An autobiographical essay in which the applicant seeks to convey his or her suitability for the auditor program by addressing: life experiences and personal qualities, academic and professional achievement, and a deep interest in Jungian thought and practice. The suggested length of the essay is six to ten pages.
- Meeting with individual Admissions Committee members and, subsequently, with the Committee as a whole.
Application Process and Deadline
- An application packet may be requested from the Institute’s Administrator Deborah Warfield.
- The deadline for application for the fall semester is May 1st and for spring semester is September 1st. A non-refundable application fee of $100 must accompany the application.
- An applicant will be notified by mail as to whether or not an admissions interview has been granted once the Admissions Committee has reviewed the application materials. There is a non-refundable interview fee of $350, to be paid before the date of the admissions interview.
Classes currently meet one weekend a month for 9 months, September through December and February through June generally the first weekend of each month. Classes meet Friday evening from 4:00-8:00, Saturday 9:00-6:00 and Sunday 9:00-4:00 for a total of 18 hours of class time each weekend.
Please address all correspondence to:
C.G. Jung Institute-Boston, Administrator – Deborah Warfield
Attn: Admissions Committee
21 Hartford Street
Newton, MA 02461
Phone: (617) 796-0108
Fax: (617) 796-0109